We are now accepting applications for the 2012-13 school year.
For more information or to obtain the necessary admissions forms, please call our Office of Admissions at 972-930-4010. For faster processing, choose the Admission Forms link to print the forms needed for admission to Prestonwood Christian Academy.
- APPLICATION FORM
- APPLICATION FEE – A non-refundable application fee of $100 is to be submitted with the application form.
- SCHOOL RECORDS – Copies of previous school(s) records including all educational and diagnostic testing, transcripts (for Eighth through Twelfth Grades), report cards and standardized test scores (from the last two years) are to be submitted. Not applicable for Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten students.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE – A copy of the student’s birth certificate is requested from all students.
- IMMUNIZATION RECORD – A copy of the applicant's immunization record is required. Immunizations records must include month, day and year of each shot, and the health care provider's signature or stamp. Click here for detailed information on requirements for the 2012-13 school year.
- FAMILY PHOTO (a "4x6" snapshot is acceptable)
- PARENT QUESTIONNAIRE
- PASTORAL REFERENCE
- TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS - Early Childhood recommendation required for Pre-Kindergarten through First Grade applicants, and Principal, Math and English Teacher recommendations required for all other applicants.
- If divorced, the most recent copy of all court documents signed by a judge and notarized regarding custody and educational decisions.
- Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Pre-K 5 applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Pre-K 4 applicants must be 4 years old by September 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Pre-K 3 applicants must be 3 years old by September 1st of the year for which they are applying.
Pre-K and Kindergarten applicants must be able to care for their restroom needs independently.
PCA does not have an application deadline but has a rolling admissions process. However to ensure the best possible opportunity for acceptance we recommend that you have your application and testing completed by mid-January.
Testing is scheduled by the Admissions Office after the receipt of all required Admissions forms. PCA accepts the Independent Student Entrance Exam (ISEE) scores for students in Fifth through Twelfth Grade who have taken that test at any location. For students not taking the ISEE, PCA administers the Stanford Achievement Test (SAT). If the student has taken the SAT within the last six months, please notify the Admissions Office. Testing for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants is scheduled on an individual basis.
An interview appointment is made with the parents and a school administrator once testing is scheduled. This interview is an opportunity for philosophical compatibility discussions and a question and answer session. If testing is complete and results are available, scores are reviewed during the interview. Students entering Fifth through Twelfth Grade are asked to accompany their parents for the interview.
Official acceptance (or non acceptance) is communicated to all families in writing. Only a signed Contract of Enrollment guarantees enrollment for your child.
Prospective parents are invited to attend an informal presentation and tour on designated Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. The tours alternate between focusing on Pre-Kindergarten through grade 6 and focusing on grades 7-12. For parents with students in both areas, it is recommended they attend the presentation and tour for grades 7-12. Click here to see a list of upcoming dates.
Students in grades 5-12 are encouraged to visit their current grade for a half day and participate in the varied activities which occur during a typical day. If the student would like to visit PCA before beginning the application process, please fill out a Visiting Student Form and turn it in to the receptionist on the day of the scheduled visit. Visits for grades 5-8 are scheduled by calling 972-820-5028. Visits for grades 9-12 are scheduled by calling 972-930-4056.
PCA participates in the I-20 Student Visa program. Students must be fluent in English and either the student or the family with whom they live must be Christian and an active member in a Bible believing church in accordance with PCA's mission statement.
As part of the application process, if the student does not currently reside within the United States they must arrange to take the Independent Student Entrance Exam (ISEE) through the Educational Records Bureau. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please be advised that upon acceptance, a one-time fee of $1,000 applies to each international student.
Tuition Refund Program
The Tuition Refund Program is a program that is set up to protect the tuition investment of those families who have enrolled and paid a partial tuition, but find themselves unable to attend Prestonwood Christian Academy for specific reasons. More information on this program can be found under Tuition and Fees.
Prestonwood Christian Academy admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color and national or and ethnic origin in administration of its education, admissions policies, tuition assistance, athletics and other school-administered programs.