Mission, Vision & Core Values
To advance a Christian school of excellence through Kingdom Education so that the generations to come will know the truth of God’s Word and not forget His works, nor be taken captive by the vain philosophies of their day.
In pursuit of excellence in education the mission of Prestonwood Christian Academy is:
To assist Christian parents by helping equip students to embrace biblical truth, strive for academic excellence, and model Christ-like leadership to influence their homes, churches and communities for Christ.
In order to successfully fulfill this mission, Prestonwood Christian Academy will give priority to seven core values. Each core value must have operating principles that will allow PCA to put these core values into everyday practice in every aspect of its educational program.
- Christian Family
- Excellence in Education
The Bible is the inerrant Word of God that gives direction to every aspect of life. - 2 Timothy 3:16
- PCA will govern itself according to biblical principles.
- PCA will integrate the Bible into every aspect of the school’s life.
- PCA will implement a spiritual development plan for board members, staff, students and parents.
- PCA will use our financial resources in conformance with biblical principles.
- PCA will develop a Bible curriculum that teaches sound doctrine and equip students to defend their faith.
- PCA will encourage board members, administration, faculty, students and parents to be active in a Bible-believing local church.
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did. - I John 2:6
- PCA will employ and/or appoint, develop and retain board members, administrative staff, and faculty whose actions and attitudes model Christ.
- PCA will train and encourage students to apply the qualities of Christ in their own lives.
- PCA will equip students to communicate their faith to others.
- PCA will develop discipline and behavior standards on Biblical principles that lead to Christ-likeness in student’s lives.
- PCA will challenge parents to demonstrate Christ-like character in their lives before their children and the community.
The Christian family is God’s training ground for preparing future generations to know and serve Jesus Christ.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- PCA will develop policies and procedures that honor Christian families.
- PCA will provide training and resources to help parents build a Christ-honoring home.
- PCA will seek to provide a kingdom education that is accessible to like-minded families.
- PCA will strengthen unity in the family by providing programs for children with different learning styles and abilities.
The church has been and always will be the instrument of God to fulfill God’s purposes here on earth. The church is the expression of God’s kingdom to the world. - Acts 2:42-47
- PCA will recognize its existence as a ministry of Prestonwood Baptist Church.
- PCA will operate under the authority of Prestonwood Baptist Church.
- PCA will expect its board members, administration, faculty and staff to be active members of Bible-believing local churches.
- PCA will have as one of its main goals to strengthen the church.
- PCA will encourage parents and their families to be active members of Bible-believing local churches.
- PCA will demonstrate honoring the church through its policies, procedures and practices.
Excellence in Education
A quality education is Bible-based, Christ-centered and one that challenges students to reach their full potential and develop godly wisdom in order to use their God-given abilities to impact their homes, churches and communities for Christ.
- PCA will develop an entire educational program that is based on the truths of God’s Word and the preeminence of Jesus Christ.
- PCA will employ and develop teachers who model godly wisdom and Christian virtues in their lives and cultivate and nurture this in the lives of their students.
- PCA will use curriculum and methods in the classroom that reflect God’s truth and prepares students for a life of service for Christ.
- PCA will provide an education where formal methods of instruction, with a biblical emphasis on the classical works of Western Civilization, are emphasized.
- PCA will challenge students to develop a biblical worldview so that they will be able to intellectually engage the culture for Christ.
- PCA will provide a safe and comfortable learning environment where students are actively engaged and challenged in their learning.
- PCA will provide a curriculum that is defined by clear goals and high expectations so that students can achieve success that is measurable and clearly communicated.
Whoever wants to become great among us must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.
- Matthew 20: 26-28
- PCA will encourage students to follow Christ’s example of leadership through servanthood.
- PCA will involve students in activities which teach the value of service before self and the joy of servanthood.
- PCA will train students how to identify their spiritual gifts and use them to glorify God through service in their local school, Church, and community.
Every aspect of the educational program must be considered a stewardship responsibility from God so that a biblical legacy will be successfully passed from one generation to the next.
- PCA will develop and operate within budget that reflects biblical principles of stewardship.
- PCA will provide students with the best possible education that will develop the whole child - spiritually, mentally, physically and socially.
- PCA will select, develop, and maintain a qualified, godly staff that will enable the school to fulfill its mission.
- PCA will provide, develop, and maintain all facilities in a way that will honor the Lord and meet the needs of students.
- PCA will partner with families to assist them in providing their children with a quality Christian education.
- PCA will encourage students and families to be active members of a local church.